The information on this MOHLER line was made possible through y-DNA
research. Matches between various branches proved their being related
to each other. Knowing that DNA proved they were related led to the
records that showed how these families were related.
For those on Facebook that are interested in the families, there is a page at:
Mohler-Moler-Moulder DNA Project
Valentine (born say 1740) and John MOLER [MOULDER] (born ca 1733) of NC
by tradition were brothers. Also by "tradition" they were the sons of a
Henry. Of interest was that a Henry MOLER of Frederick Co., MD had a will
proved in 1797 in which he had named sons Jacob, John and Valentine.
Nothing had been found to either prove or disprove whether the NC men
were the sons of this Henry. Some researchers believed that the son
Valentine was the Valentine MOLER that appeared in 1790 York Co., PA.
The Valentine in 1790 York County was listed next to Clement STUDIBAKER.27
On 4 April 1772 Henry MOHLER of Berwick Township, York Co. and his wife
Catherine had sold 90 acres to Valentine PRIZZLE [his son-in-law] that was
adjacent to Clement STUDEBERGER.28 Valentine MOLER had 1 white male over
age 16 and 1 female. No estate record has been found for Jacob, son of Henry,
and all of his children are not known. It is believed that the Valentine
in 1790 York Co. had just married, was a son of Jacob, and remained in
York Co. when his father Jacob and grandfather Henry moved to Frederick
Co., MD between 1785 and 1790.
Other researchers have claimed that Henry's son Valentine died testate in
1807 Frederick Co., MD with a will written as Valentine "MOLLER." The
actual will is for Valentine MOTTER.29 The accounts of his estate also
confirm that the name was MOTTER.30 He had appeared in the 1790 Frederick Co.
census as Valentine MOTTOR31 and in 1800 as Valentine MORTAR.32
In June and July 2008 a descendant of Henry MOLER (1780-1855), believed
son of Valentine MOLER [MOULDER] who died about 1804 in Iredell Co., NC
and a descendant of John MOLER/MOHLAR [MOULDER] of NC, DNA tested with
Family Tree DNA and matched at 36 of 37 markers, proving that they were
It was found that they matched with MOHLERs that had previously tested
with DNA Heritage. They had tested 43 markers, of which 32 were shared
by the FTNDA 37 marker test.
Those matches were with descendants of:
Ludwig MOHLER 1696-1754 of Lancaster Co., PA
Henry MOHLER say 1700-1769 of Lancaster Co., PA
Henry MOLER 1711-1797 of Frederick Co., MD through his son Jacob
Those results from both companies are listed on the Mohler DNA Comparisons page.
The Henry who died in 1769 left a will,33 so it was known that the NC
John and Valentine were not children of him. He named no son Valentine,
and his son John was underage when it was written.
Ludwig MOHLER has only one proved son at the present time, that being
Ludwig, Jr. With the DNA match, it is believed that John and Valentine
MOLER of NC are the sons of Henry MOLER who died in Frederick Co., MD.
The Henry of MD was the one who named sons John and Valentine in his
will for which no paper trail had been found as to the identity of
those sons. It was known that this Henry Mohler and wife Catharina
were from Hassloch, [now] Rheinland-Pfalz, Germany, where their son
Johan Jacob was baptised in 1736. In his 1734 marriage there, Henry was
listed as the son of the deceased Mathes MOHLER of Basel. Henry himself
was baptized at Hassloch in 1711 as the son of Mathes MOHLER and wife
Cretha" [Margretha]. In baptisms there for children of Mathes MOHLER, he
was listed as from Switzerland. Mathes MOHLER died at Hassloch in 1712
and was listed as age 65.
In addition to the DNA matches above, a MOHLER who lives in Switzerland
who had previously tested with FTDNA, descended from Veith MOHLER of
Diegten, Baselland, Switzerland. The ancestry of Mathes MOHLER who died
in 1712 has also been found to be a descendant of Veith MOHLER.
A video of Diegten is here.
The Diegten Church Books contained records of a Matthiss MOHLER who
married in 1692 to Margretha STRUB. No records of this couple were
found at Diegten after 1696. Baptismal records for their children
identified Matthiss as the son of Marti[n] MOHLER. It was found that
Matthiss had a first marriage in 1673 to Anna Buser. In baptismal
records of their children, he was also listed as Marti's son.
Two men named Matthiss MOHLER, both born to men named Martin MOHLER,
were baptized in Feb. 1647. The first was baptized 2 Feb. 1647, the
son of Martin MOHLER and Anna Hägler.25 Other baptisms of children of
this Martin identified him as Jacob's son.
The second Matthiss was baptized on 28 Feb. 1647, the son of Martin
MOHLER, the kirchmeÿers son and Elsbeth MEYER. Other baptisms of
children of this Martin identified him as the son of Baschi [Baschen].
This second Matthis was married on 19 Sep. 1668 as Matthis Mohler,
the kilchmeÿers son to Maria Geörgi.25
That would mean the Matthis MOHLER who married first Anna BUSER
and second Margareth Strub was the Matthis baptized on 2 Feb. 1647, the
son of Martin MOHLER and Anna Hägler.
The ancestry of the Swiss tester is the line of:
Hans MOHLER b. ca. 1560 and Magdalena FREY
Jacob MOHLER 1590-1653 and Elsbeth BIDERKER who was from Neuendorf
Johannes MOHLER 1635-1713 and Barbara BUSER
To summarize the evidence regarding this line:
1. Jacob, John and Valentine, sons of Heinrich/Henry MOHLER/MOLER of
Hassloch, Germany and Frederick Co., MD had a DNA match.
2. The marriage of Heinrich MOHLER in 1734 at Hassloch stated he was
the son of the deceased Mathes MOHLER of "Basol."
3. Heinrich MOHLER was born in 1711 at Hassloch to Mathes MOHLER
"of Switzerland," and wife Margretha.
4. Mathes MOHLER died in 1712 at Hassloch at "age 65."
5. Heinrich/Henry's sons John and Valentine had a DNA match
with a MOHLER descended from the MOHLER family of Diegten,
6. Matthiss MOHLER, son of Martin MOHLER was born at Diegten in 1647.
7. Matthiss MOHLER, [born 1647] secondly married at Diegten in 1692
to Margreth STRUB.
8. The latest record of Matthiss and Margreth found at Diegten was in
9 The first year of extant Hassloch records was 1700, and Mathes and
Margretha had a daughter born there that year.
Vit MOHLER of Diegten, Baselland, Switzerland had a wife named Sabina.
Vit was living as of 1581 when he was the untervogt,41 and Sabina was
living as of 1576.41
They had known children:
1. Anna MOHLER41 b. ca. 1549; m. Fridlin HÄFELFINGER 28 Sep. 1568;25
d. 1571 or 1572 Diegten42
2. Hans MOHLER b. ca. 1551; m.1 Barbel THOMMEN 3 May 1574;25
m.2. Madlena FREY 9 Oct. 1582;25 d. before 1613;25
3. Barbel MOHLER41 b. about 1557
Hans MOHLER and first wife Barbel THOMMEN had children:
1. Hans MOHLER bap. 31 March 1577;25 d. 1594;25
2. Barbel MOHLER bap. 9 Nov. 1578;25 d. 10 July 1594;25
3. Anni MOHLER bap. 15 Jan. 1581;25
Hans MOHLER and second wife Madlena FREY had children:
1. Anna MOHLER bap. 21 August 1583;25
2. Elsbeth MOHLER bap. Easter 1585;25
3. Cordula MOHLER bap. 1 May 1586;25 d. 23 Oct. 1624 at Sissach;25
4. Gabriel MOHLER bap. 10 Feb. 1588;25
5. Catarina MOHLER bap. 1 June 1589;25; d. 1594;25
6. Jacob MOHLER bap. 29 Nov. 1590;25 m. 26 Oct. 1613 Elsbeth BÜTTIKER;25
d. (beheaded) 14 July 1653 Basel, Basel-Stadt, Switzerland;40
7. Veit MOHOLER bap. 10 Sep. 1592;25
8. Anna MOHLER bap. 18 Aug. 1594;25
9. Hans MOHLER bap. 2 May 1596;25
10. Baschen MOHLER bap. 21 Nov. 1597;25
11. Mathis MOHLER bap. 23 Dec. 1599;25
12. Fridli MOHLER bap. 14 June 1601;25
Jacob "Joggi" MOHLER was a leader in the Swiss Peasant War of 1653.
After their defeat, he was sentenced to death and beheaded in front
of the Steinentor in Basel. A memorial which has his name was erected
for those who were executed. His house, built in 1581, still stands.
Jacob MOHLER and Elsbeth Büttiker had children:
1. Fridli bap. 10 Dec. 1615;25
2. Hans MOHLER bap. 26 Sep. 1619;25
3. Vitus MOHLER bap. 3 Sep. 1621;25
4. Matthias MOHLER bap. 24 Aug. 1623;25 d. 6 Jan. 1624;25
5. Martin MOHLER bap. 14 Nov. 1624;25 m. Anna HÄGLER 29 July 1644;25
6. Magdalena MOHLER bap. 20 Jan. 1628;25
7. Vitus MOHLER bap. 15 May 1630;25
8. Matthis MOHLER bap. 7 Oct. 1632;25
9. Hans MOHLER bap. 31 May 1635;25
Martin MOHLER and wife Anna HÄGLER were second cousins once removed, both
descendants of Veith MOHLER.
Martin MOHLER and Anna HÄGLER had children baptized at Diegten:
1. Barbel MOHLER bap. 13 September 1645;25
2. Mathiss MOHLER bap. 2 Feb. 1647; m.1 Anna BUSEER 15 Aug. 1673;25
m. 2. Margreth STRUB of Läufelfingen 23 Aug. 1692;25; Mathes MOHLER
buried 19 Aug. 1712, Hassloch, Germany, age 65.23
3. Jacob MOHLER bap. 18 Nov. 1648;25 m. Barbara Thommen;
bur. 4 Aug. 1715 Diegten
4. Madle MOHLER bap. 4 Aug. 1650;25
5. Elsbeth MOHLER bap. 28 Aug. 1653;25
6. Verena MOHLER bap. 25 Feb. 1655;25
7. Madle MOHLER bap. 23 Aug. 1656;25
8. Margreth MOHLER bap. 29 Aug. 1657;25
9. Johannes MOHLER bap. 6 July 1662;25
10. Veit MOHLER bap. 20 Dec. 1663;25
11. Baschen MOHLER bap. 4 June 1665;25
12. Magdalena MOHLER bap. 15 Dec. 1667;;25
Matthiss MOHLER and Anna Buser had children born at Diegten:
1. Marti MOHLER bap. 15 Aug. 1675;25
2. Hans MOHLER bap. 29 June 1677;25
3. Maria MOHLER bap. 31 Oct.1680;25
4. Matthiss MOHLER bap. 16 Dec. 1683;25
5. Anna MOHLER bap. 8 Jan 1688;25
6. Marti MOHLER bap. 22 Mar 1691;25
Anna BUSER was buried 27 Mar. 1692;25
Matthiss MOHLER and Margreth STRUB had children:
1. Jacob MOHLER bap. 29 Jan. 1693 Eptingen26
2. Heinrich MOHLER bap. 4 Mar. 1694 Diegten25
3. Heinrich MOHLER bap. 25 Nov. 1696 Diegten25
4. Maria Elisabetha MOHLER bap. 5 June 1700 Hassloch;23
m. 1 Feb. 1729 Friedrich Zapp;23 bur. 19 Nov. 1742 Hassloch23
5. Anna Elisabeth MOHLER bap. 6 Nov. 1701 Hassloch23; living 1718;23
6. Johann Georg MOHLER bap. 12 Aug. 1703 Hassloch;23 m. Maria Margaretha23 KAPPELSMAN
23 Nov. 1729;38
7. Johann Ludwig MOHLER bap.22 Nov. 1705 Hassloch23; living 1721;23
8. Anna Margaretha MOHLER bap. 14 Oct. 1708 Iggelheim;36 m. Conrad Sÿbert 19 Oct. 1733;39
9. Johann Henrich MOHLER born 29 Sep. 1711 Hassloch, Germany;23 m. 5 May 1734
Maria Catharina Drucktenhengst;23 d. between 11 June 1796 and 1 May 1797
Frederick Co., MD21
Henrich/Henry Moler and Catharina DRUCKTENHENGST had children:
1. Anna Maria Mohler b. 29 Nov. 1734 Horbach22
2. Johann Jacob Mohler21 b. 26 Apr. 1736 Hassloch;23 living 1800
Frederick Co., MD35
3. John MOHLER/MOHLAR/MOLER21/MOULDER b. about 1738; d. 27 May 1810
Grainger (now) Union Co., TN;1 m. Susannah SWINGLE.18 She born Switzerland3
and d. ca. 18352 (now) Union Co., TN;2
4. Valentine MOLER21/MOULDER b. about 1741; m. Christina;5
d. before Nov. 1804 Iredell Co., NC4 when administrators were appointed
for his estate
5. Margaret Mohler21 b. 10 Mar. 1742 Mörzheim;37,43 m. Valentine PRESSEL21
d. 21 May 1835, bur. Mummerts Meeting House Cem., Hamilton Twp., Adams Co., PA43
6. Anna Catharina Mohler b. 5 June 1747 Böbingen24
At the baptism of his child Anna Catharina in 1747, Henry MOHLER was listed as a
sheep herder. That likely accounts for why the three baptisms located were at
different locations. Böbingen is just a few miles south of Hassloch. Baptisms
for the other three children may be found in the future at some church in the area
for which the records have not yet been examined.
Henry MOHLER arrived at Philadelphia on 7 October 1749 on the Ship Leslie.34
John MOHLAR/MOLER/MOULDER had children, all possibly born in the area of
Randolph Co., NC that was formed in 1778 from Guilford Co., in the part
that was formed in 1770 from Orange County:
1. Catherine3 "Caty"7 MOULDER b. before 1765;6 m. Richard PENN;3 living 1838 MO7
2. Mary3 MOULDER m. Jack PHILLIPS;3 d. VA?3
3. Henry3,7 MOULDER b. ca. 1765;8 living 18508
4. Susanna2,3,7 MOULDER b. Sep. 1767;9 m. Johann Adam SHEEK;2,3,7 d. 2 May 18399,10
Davie Co., NC
5. John3 MOULDER b. before 1770;13 m. Sarah14 Feilding HOPPER;20
d. between 30 Mar.14 and 20 Aug. 180115 Jefferson Co., TN14
6. Elizabeth2,3 MOULDER b. 177011-177512 m. Isaac HENDRIX;2,3 living 1835 IN2
7. Jacob2,3 MOULDER b. 2 Apr. 1775;17 m.bond Elizabeth BORELAND 24 May 1802;16
d. 3 Mar. 184617, bur. Old Paoli Cem., Orange Co., IN17
8. Valentine2,3 "Felty"7 MOULDER b. 25 Nov. 1776;18 m. Lavina ROBERSON19/ROBERTSON3
lic date 28 May 1798;19 d. ca. 18342 or 7 Jan. 1833;18 drowned Clinch River,
Union Co., TN2,18
1. Union County Historical Society, Incorporated, Pathways,
12 (Dec. 1993): Number 4, table of contents page. Photo of headstone
"John Mohlar Dec[eased] May 27 1810 in the 77th Year of His Age."
2. Letter Jacob Moulder to "Adam Sheeks or sons," 2 Oct. 1836, Jacob Sheek
and Jonathan Smith Papers, Collection #4765, Manuscript Department,
Perkins Library, Duke University, Durham, NC. It was stated that
"Sister Elizabeth Hendrix....was here to see us last fall," and that
"I do not know....whether you have heard of the Death of Mother and
brother Valentine. he has been dead near two years, and some over one
year since Mothers death." Photocopy in my possession.
3. Letter G. W. Moulder, Sr. to Mr. Jesse Butcher and family, 5 Sep. 1883,
location of original unknown. Copy also on FHL microfilm 1402783, that
is not as clear on last part. G[eorge] W. Moulder was born in 1799, a
son of Valentine, and grandson of John. Jesse Butcher was the husband
of George's sister. Note: In the letter he inadvertently reversed the
husbands of Elizabeth and Susanna.
Page 1 of letter. Page 2 of letter.
4. Iredell Co., NC court of pleas and quarter sessions, 1789-1805 book,
unpaginated, 3rd Monday Nov. 1804 term, letters adm. on estate of
Valentine Moulder issued to Catharine Moulder and Adam Sheek.
5. Valentine Moulder estate file, 1804, Iredell Co., NC.
6. 1810 Grainger Co., TN census, Katherine Penn household.
Over age 45.
7. Letter Jacob Sheek [visiting in TN] to wife Sary Sheek, 9 Sep. 1838,
Sheek and Smith Papers, Perkins Library. He stated "Uncle Felty Molders
widdow lives here in Grainge[r] County, East Tennece. Uncle Henry Molder
live about a hundred and forty miles further in middle Tennese, Aunt
Caty Penn lives in the Misorou State...." Photocopy in my possession.
8. 1850 VanBuren Co., TN census, David Martin household, p. 384B.
9. Adam Sheek Bible Transcription, McCubbin's Collection, Sheek File,
Rowan Public Libraray, Salisbury, NC, FHL microfilm 0,019,891.
Bible [publication not given] was owned by John Wiley Sheek (1863-1949)
of Smith Grove, NC.
10. Sheek Family Record, Jacob Sheek and Jonathan Smith Papers, Collection #4765,
Perkins Library, Duke University, Durham, NC. Entries through 1798 appear to
have been written at the same time. Following entries appear to have been
written at different times.
11. 1830 Scott Co., Indiana census, Isaac Hendrix household, p. 273.
Included female age 50-60.
12. 1820 Scott Co., Indiana census, Isaac Hendrix household, p. 158.
Included female over age 45.
13. Jo White Linn, Rowan County, North Carolina Tax Lists 1757-1800,
Annotated Transcripts, (Salisbury, NC: by author, 1995). Both
John Molar and John Molar, Jr. appear in 1791 tax list.
14. John Mohlar will, Jefferson Co., TN wills 1:64-65.
15. John Molder estate sale, Jefferson Co., TN 2:280-282.
16. Orange County, NC marriage bonds.
Jacob Moulder-Elizabeth Boreland, Bondsman: Henry Neal.
17. Jacob Moulder headstone, Paoli Cemetery, Orange Co., Ind.
18. George C. Moulder, Moulder's Record of the Moulder Family of America,
(Lebanon, MO: by author, 1933).
Note there are many errors in this book in connecting this family
to the Moulder family of Marcus Hook, PA.
19. Jefferson Co., TN marriage records, p. 26, #257.
20. E-mail Dorothy M. Avery [firstname.lastname@example.org] to Fredric Z. Saunders,
6 Oct. 1998, stated "Sarah, wife of John Mohler was Sarah Feilding Hopper.
Their daughter Nancy marries John Fraime Henderson and had a son, John Jr.
I found a document used I believe for an autobigraphy on him and it names
his and her parents."
21. Henry Moler will, Frederick Co., MD Will Book GM3:164-165,
FHL microfilm 0,014,020
Henry Moler will transcription.
22. Kapellen-Drusweiler, Rheinland-Pfalz Germany, FHL microfilm 0193,930.
Book 1, 1669-1734
Anna Maria, 1734. Of Horbach, born 29 Sep. 1734; bap. 3 Dec.
23. Haßloch, Rheinland-Pfalz, Germany, Evangelische Kirche, FHL microfilm
1700-1734 book baptism section
p. 1 Maria Elisabeth, 1700.
p. 4 Anna Elisabeth, 1701. Father Mathes listed as from Switzerland.
p. 8 Johann Georg, 1703. Father Mathes listed as from Switzerland.
Sponsor: Johannes Mohler from Switzerland.
p. 13 Johann Ludwig, 1705.
p. 29 Johann Henrich, 1711.
p. 125 Mathes Mohler, 1712, age 65.
p. 190 Zapp-Mohler, 1729. Maria Elisabeth daughter of the deceased
Confirmation section [starts 1710, no listings 1726-1727]
1718, Anna Elsabeth Mohler age 15
1719, Joh. Georg Mohler, age 16
1721, Joh. Ludwig Mohler, age 14
1725, Anna Margretha Mohler, age 14
1733-1768 book baptism section
p. 10 Hans Georg Mohler and Maria Margaretha had a daughter Maria
Catharina born 29 Apr. 1734; bap. 2 May, with sponsor Maria
Catharina Druckhenhengst from Hoffheim
p. 21 Johann Jacob born 26 Apr. 1734; bap. 29 Apr., son of Henrich
Moler and Maria Catharina
Marriage section, unpaginated
1734, bachelor Henrich Mohler, the deceased Mathyss Mohler's
from Basel son with single Catharina the Jacob Drucktenhengst
from Hofheim daughter
Burial section, unpaginated
19 Oct. 1742 Maria Elisabeth, Friedrch Zapp's wife age 42 year
& 5 months
24. Böbingen, Rheinland-Pfalz, FHL microfilm 0,193,787, item 3
Book 3, 1692-1793, unpaginated.
Anna Catharina, 1747. Born 5 June; baptized 7 Aug.
father Heinrich listed as a "Schoaf Hirt" [sheep herder]
25. Evangelisch-Reformierte Kirche Diegten, Basselland, Switzerland,
#135, 1577, Hannes, son of Hans Moler and Barbel Tommen
Sponsors: Hermman Suter, Uolli Weber, Agnes Reinger; died 1594
#155, 1578, Barbel, daughter of Hans Moler and Barbel Tommen
Sponsors: Maria Bitterli, Margrett Hegler, Catarin Bröss of ???; d. 10 July 1593
#182, 1581, Anni, daughter of Hans Moler and Barbel Tommen
Sponsors: Werni Meyer the aged Meyer Hans son, Anna Götschi, Barbel Hummel
#222, 1583, Anna, daughter of Hannes Moler, undervogt, and Madlena Freÿ
Sponsors: Maria Götschi, Cordula -----, Catarina Jäggi
#248, 1585, Elsbeth, daughter of Hannes Moler, undervogt, and Madlena Freÿ
Sponsors: Maria Götschi, Anna Götschi the wife of Hannes Buser at Bu----, Barbel Henne
#268, 1586, Cordula, daughter of Hans Moler, undervogt, and Madlena Freÿ
died 23 Oct. 1624 at Sissach
Sponsors: Peter Götschi, Ringold Furler, Ursula Mescheger(?)
#290, 1586, Gabriel, son of Hannes Moler, undervogt, and Madlena Freÿ
Sponsors: Barbel Götschi, Heronimus Waldner, Gabriel ----, pastor
#316, 1589, Catarina, daughter of Hans Moler, undervogt, and Madlena Freÿ
Sponsors: Hans Hegler, Margret ---schel, Ursel Möscheger
#341, 1590, Jacob, son of Hans Moler, undervogt, and Madlena Freÿ
Sponsors: Jacob Burger(?), Casper Hüsser, Catarina Herkend(?) from Dietgen
#272 [sic, 372], 1592, Veit, son of Hannes Moler, undervogt, and Madlen Freÿ
Sponsors: Herr Jacobus Hebers(?) pastor at -----, Hannes ---- from Eptingen, Barbel Schaub, wife of Uolli Hegler
first #297, 1594, Anna, daughter of Hannes Moler, undervogt
Sponsors: ---- R-----, Margret B---, Elsy ---- wife of Caspar Hüsser
#313, 1596, Hannes, son of Hannes Moler, undervogt, and Madlen Freÿ
Sponsors: Herr Cumratt(?) -----, Babli Hegler, Barbara -----, wife of Jacob Helen(?) pastor at D-----
#332, 1596, Baschen, son of Hans Moler, undervogt, and Madlen Freÿ
Sponsors: Hans Wagner the schmid, Cristen Moler, Catarina Spittaler
#400, 1599, Mathis, son of Hannes Moler, undervogt, and Madlen Freÿ
Sponsors: Heronimus E--- the pastor at ------, Hannes Schwob the younger, Barbel ----
#421, 1601, Fridli, son of Hannes Moler, undervogt, and Madlen Freÿ
Sponsors: Hannes Schwob, Clous Schmich the weaver, Catarina Gass from Rothenfluh
1615, Fridli, son of Jacob Moler and Elsbeth Bidicker
Sponsors: Frilin Göttschi, Baschen Moler, Barbara Gössger
1619, Hans, son of Jacob Moler and Elsbeth Bidicker
Sponsors: Mathias Göttschi, Hans Schwab, Rahel Urfermann
1621, Vitus, son of Jacob Moler and Elsbeth Bidicker
Sponsors: Claus Schärz, Mathias Gottschi, son of Galli, Margreth Schweizer
1623, Matthias, son of Jacob Moler and Elsbeth Bidicker
Sponsors: Matthias Schwab, Hans Heffelfinger, Barbara Schaub
1624, Martin, son of Jacob Moler and Elsbeth Bidicker
Sponsors: Mathias Stollifer, Jacob Thommen, Margreth Bosshart
1628, Magdalena, daughter of Jacob Moler and Elsbeth Bidicker
Sponsors: Friderica Werdenberg, Barbara Schickler, Anna Schwab
1630, Vitus, son of Jacob Moler and Elsbeth Bidicker
Sponsors: Gerg Schaub of Butkien, Baschen Gottsci, Fridlis son, Anna Schaub, Matthis Schwab wife
1632, Matthis, son of Jacob Moler the Miller at Dieshgen and Elsbeth Bidicker
Sponsors: Matthias Hegler, Matthias Renshlin, Barbara Merckl
1635 Jacob, son of Jacob Moler the Miller and Elsbeth Bidicker
Sponsors: Galli Heffelfinder the kirchmeyer, Hans Buch, Barbel Talher, Hans Jockis Heglers wife
1645, Barbel, daughter of Martin Moler younger and Anna Hägler
Sponsors: Gredron Grötsch, Verena Stürner, Barbel Delsher
1647, Matthis, son of Martin Moler, the wirth's son, and Anna Hägler
Sponsors:Johannes S------, Martin Moler, Baschis son, Verena Busserl
1647, Matthis, son of Martin Moler, the kirchmeÿers son, and Elsbeth Meÿer
Sponsors: Wernhardt Buser of Buckten, ---- ---- of Eptingen, Barbel Kröger
1648, Jacob, son of Martin Moler and Anna Hägler
Sponsors: Jacob Moler the younger, Martin Thomen, Margreth Müller
1650 Madle, daughter of Martin Moler and Anna Hägler
Sponsors: Hans Häfelfinger, Madle Leder, Barbel Scheüb
1653, Elsbeth, daughter of Martin Moler and Anna Hägler
Sponsors: Jacob Seen the miller, Elsbeth Gÿger, Anna Meÿer
1655, Verena, daughter of Martin Moler, Jacobs son and Anna Hägler
Sponsors: Matthis Moler, Verena Wolschlegel, Barbel Wagner
1656, Madle, daughter of Martin Moler, vogts son and Anna Hägler
Sponsors: Hans Jacob Hägler the younger, Barbel Braÿer, Barbel Häfelfinger
1657, Margreth, daughter of Martin Moler, vogts son and Anna Hägler
Sponsors: Hans Grawiler, Barbel Ernÿ, Margreth Schwäb
1662, Johannes, son of Martin Moler, Jackis son and Anna Hägler
Sponsors: Hans Heinrich Segissmann, Martin Handschin, Anna Thomen
1663, Veit, son of Martin Mohler, Jacobs son and Anna Hägler
Sponsors: Fridli Erb the Schneider, Matthiss Böttschi, Barbel Cherster, Jacob Heglers wife
1665, Baschen, son of Martin Mohler, Jacobs son and Anna Hägler
Sponsors: Bashcen -----, Hans Thommen the ---haus, Maria Hegler
1667, Magdalena, daughter of Martin Mohler and Anna Hägler
Sponsors: Hans Häfelfinger, Baschis son, Salome Jennni, Anna Moler, Fridlis daughter
Marti, 1675. Father Matthiss listed as Marti's son. Sponsors: Jacob
Mohler, Matthiss Suter, Anna Häfelfinger.
Hans, 1677. Father Matthiss listed as Marti's son. Sponsors: Hans
Mohler, Wernhard Buser the vogt's son, Elsbeth Mohler.
Maria, 1680. Sponsors: Hefelfinger, Maria Felhofer, Elsbeth Schäner?
Matthiss, 1683. Sponsors: Fridli Mohler, Rudi Bürgi, Barbara Mohler.
Anna, 1688. Father Matthiss listed as Marti's son. Sponsors: Marti
Hefelfinger, Hans' son; Anna Jonet?; Catharina Senn?.
Marti, 1691. Father Mattiss listed as Marti's son. Sponsors: Marti
Mohler, Vith's son; Heinrich Blatner; Anna Magdalena Bruoch???
Heinrich, 1694. Father Mattis listed as Marti's son. Sponsors: Hans
Hans Jocki Hantschi?, Hans Wagner, Eva Schweitzer
Heinrich 1696. Father Matthiss listed as Marti's son. Sponsors:
Hans Ulrich Müller of the Zÿrich born ???? Müller; Heinrich Lüdi
of Ramlisferg [Ramlinsburg], Margreth Scholer and Vogt's daughter
#14, 1568, Fridlin Häffelfinger and Anna Moler
#32, 1574, Hannes Moler and Barbel Tommen
#63, 1582, Hans Moler undervogt at Diegten and Madlena Frey from Sissach
1613, Jacob Moler the deceased undervogt's son and Elsbeth Bidicker from Neuendorf, Solothurn
1644, Martin Moler of Diegten and Anna Hägler, Untervogts daughter
1673, Matthiss Mohler, the kilchmeÿers son- Maria Geörgi
1673, Matthiss Mohler-Anna Buser
1676, Jocki Mohler, Martis son-Barbel Tommen
1692, Mattys Mohler-Margreth Strub of Läufelfingen
1692, Anna Buser
26. Diegten Book 1a. [Eptingen]
p. 69 Jaocb, 1693. Father Mattiss listed as Marti's son. Sponsors:
Galli Hegler, Fridli Eckh?, Madle Recher
27. 1790 York Co., PA census, Valentine Moler household, p. 462.
28. York Co., PA Deed Book E:150-152, FHL microfilm 0,022,098.
29. Valentine Motter will, Frederick Co., MD Will Book GM & RB 1:315,
FHL microfilm 0,014,020.
30. Frederick Co., MD Administration Accounts HS No. 3, pages 180, 196,
31. 1790 Frederick Co., MD census, Valentine Mottor household, p. 243.
32. 1800 Frederick Co., MD census, Valentine Mortar household, p. 113.
33. Henry Mohler will, Lancaster Co., PA Will Book B1:637-639.
34. Ralph Beaver Strassburger and William John Hinke, Pennsylvania
German Pioneers, Volume II, Facsimile Signatures 1727-1775
(NOrristown, PA: Pennsylvania Society, 1934), p. 475.
35. 1800 Frederick Co. MD, Jacob Moler, Sr., household, p. 185.
36. Iggelheim, Rheinland-Pfalz, Church Book 3, p. 20a, FHL 193901, Item 3.
37. Mörzheim, Rheinland-Pfalz, 1741-1793 Church Book, first page,
Margaretha, daughter of Henrich Mahler, Schäfer [shepherd], of here
and Maria Catharina his wife, born 10 March; baptized 18 Mar.
38. Iggelheim, Rheinland-Pfalz, Church Book 3, p. 86a, FHL 193901, Item 3.
Hans George Mahler and Maria Margretha; Parents: son deceased Mathes
Mahler at Hassloch & Johann Friedrich Kappelsman
39. Haßloch, Rheinland-Pfalz, Germany, Lutherische Kirche, 1700-1777
book, p. 227, FHL microfilm 488292.
40. Historisches Lexikon der Schweiz.
41. Evangelisch-Reformierte Kirche Diegten, Basselland, Switzerland,
baptism #3, 1565, Vit Moler was a sponsor
baptism #5, 1565, Anna Moler, Vit Moler's daughter was a sponsor
baptism #6, 1565, Vit Moler's wife Sabina was a sponsor
baptism #19, 1566, Vit Moler's was a sponsor
baptism #27, 1567, Anna Moler, Vit Moler's daughter was a sponsor
baptism #33, 1568, Vit Moler's was a sponsor
baptism #51, 1569, Sabina, Vit Moler's wife was a sponsor
baptism #52, 1569, Sabina, Vit Moler's [wife] was a sponsor
baptism #53, 1570, Vit Moler's was a sponsor
baptism #63, 1570, Sabina, Vit Moler's wife was a sponsor
baptism #80, 1572, Sabina, Vit Moler's wife was a sponsor
baptism #95, 1573, Barbel Moler, Vit Moler's daughter was a sponsor
baptism #111, 1575, Vit Moler's daughter Barbel was a sponsor
baptism #125, 1576, Sabina, Vit Moler's wife was a sponsor
baptism #154, 1578, Vit Moler, undervogt was a sponsor
baptism #185, 1581, Vit Moler, the undervogt was a sponsor
42. Evangelisch-Reformierte Kirche Diegten, Basselland, Switzerland,
Anna had a child born in 1571. On 6 May 1572 her husband remarried.
#67, Anna, daughter of Fridlin Heffelfinger and Anni Moler
#26, 1572, Fridlin Heffelfinger and Barbel Spiteler from Bennwil
43. Margaret Pressel headstone, Mummerts Meeting House, Hamilton Twp., Adams Co., PA
Page created by: email@example.com
Fredric Z. Saunders
1234 Waterside Cove #21
Midvale, UT 84047-4293
Last revised: 17 Feb. 2021