Richard BEARD m. Rachel ROBINS1 and settled in MD by 1650;2
Richard d. between 24 July 1675 and 10 Aug. 1681 in Anne Arundel Co., MD3
Richard and Rachel had children:
1. Rachel BEARD3 b. ca. 1647;2,9 m.1 Neale CLARKE3;4
m.2 ca. 1677 John STIMPSON;4,5 m.3 ca. 1693 Robert PROCTOR5;6
m.4 by 1701 Richard7 KILBURNE6; m.5 Thomas FREEBORNE;8 living 1727;9
2. Richard BEARD3 b. ca. 1649;2 m. Susanna;10 d. ca. 1703 Anne Arundel Co.11
3. John BEARD3 b. ca. 1653; m. Hester12,13 GASSAWAY;14 d. before 3 Apr. 1679
Anne Arundel Co.12
4. Ruth BEARD3 b. ca. 1660;15 m.1 John GAITHER;16 m.2 Francis HARDESTY
13 Jan. 1703 [1703/4];17 bur. 5 Oct. 1719 Anne Arundel Co.18
5. Rebecca BEARD3 b. ca. 1662; m. about 1680 John NICHOLSON;19
1. Northampton Co., VA deeds and wills 7, p. 67.
25 Aug. 1657 Richard Beard and William Burgess of Providence, Province
of Maryland, with consent of their wives Rachell and Elizabeth who are daughters
and heirs of Edwd: Robins, Merchant, of Northampton (alias Accawmacke),
2. Maryland Land Patents 5, pp. 585 and 588 [images 298 and 300 of 328].
Richard Beard transported himelf, Rachel his wife, Rachel
his daughter, and Richard his son into Maryland in 1650.
3. Richard Beard will, MD wills 2:143-146.
4. Neale Clarke account, Maryland Inventory and Accounts 5:58-62.
Account presented by Rachaell Stimpson, relict and executrix of
Neale Clarke. Includes tobacco due to John Stimpson, her now husband.
5. John Stimpson account, Maryland Inventory and Accounts 10:323.
 account of Rachel Stimpson al[ias] Proctor, executrix of
the last will and testament of John Stimpson.
6. Robert Proctor account, Maryland Inventory and Accounts 17:176-177.
1698 account of Rachell Proctor, administratrix of Robert Proctor,
presented by Rachell Kilbourne, administratrix.
7. Rachel Kilburne deed of gift, Anne Arundel Co., MD Land Records WT1:118-120.
She made deed of gift on 4 March 1700/1 in which she called herself a widow.
She named daughters Rachell Greenburry and Comfort Stimpson, grandson Joseph
Williams, daughter Ruth Williams, "son-in-law" [step son] Wm. Kilburne,
"daughter-in-law" Elizabeth Kilburne, Charles Carroll, Henry David, and
granddaughter Rachell Clarke.
That her husband was Richard Kilburne is shown in Anne Arundel Co., MD
deeds IB2:175-176 where on 29 September 1714 William Kilburne sold a
lot in Annapolis that was enjoyed by his father Richard Kilburne, deceased.
8. Anne Arundel Co., MD Land Record, SY1:223-226.
1 Aug. 1726 Rachel Freeborn, widow, formerly Rachel Proctor, sold 400
acres, part of Millford, given to her by deed by Robert Proctor.
9. Henry Ridgley Petition to Maryland Chancery Court and associated
depositions (1727), Tiverton, Devon, England, Baptist Church Records
1695-1915, FHL microfilm 1,526,426, item 3.
24 Aug. 1727 Deposition of Rachel Freeborn, age 80.
10. Richard Beard account, MD Inventories and Accounts, 26:88-96.
11. Richard Beard inventory, Will Book 3, pp. 177-182.
12. Maryland Testamentary Proceedings, 11:9-10,
3 April 1679 Hester Beard, widow of John Beard, was granted the
administration on his estate in Anne Arundel County, Maryland. Col.
William Burges was appointed to administer the oath to her.
13. Anne Arundel Co., MD Land Records SY#1:23-24.
25 March 1724 Stephen Warman and Hester his wife, formerly the widow
of John Beard, to Thomas Bordley, the guardian and next friend of
Richard Beard a minor, the grandson and heir at law of Richard Beard,
late of Anne Arundel County. Richard Beard, the great-grandfather of
the minor devised to the wife of the said John Beard her life in the
land. John died without issue whereby the estate descended to Richard
the minor. Stephen Warman and wife Hester for 5 shilling gave said
Bordley for the use of the minor, all their rights to the lands that
Richard Beard, the grandfather owned at his death.
14. See Gassaway page, documents 3, 4, 16, 17, 18 that show that Hester
Gassaway married (1) John Beard (2) Mr. Gross/Groce (3) Stephen Warman.
15. Estimate from first child born 1677/8 and last child born 1707/8.
16. Nancy Jones, "Ruth Beard Gaither", The Gaither Connection,
14 July 2019.
17. All Hallows Parish Records, p. 26 [image 31/227]
13 Jan. 1703 [1703/4] Francis Hardesty and Ruth Gather married
18. All Hallows Parish Records, no page number [image 52/227]
19. Anne Arundel Co., MD Land Records IH1:106-109.
Richard Beard, son and heir of Richard Beard, gift to his sister Rebecca
Nicholson, the wife of John Nicholson.
20. John Nicholson account, MD Accounts, 2:338-339.
Page created by: email@example.com
Fredric Z. Saunders
1234 Waterside Cove #21
Midvale, UT 84047-4293
Last revised: 24 Jan. 2021