William Barton b. ca. 16051 (Warwickshire?)27, England; died ca. 16752
Charles Co., MD
1. daughter BARTON m. Thomas THOMAS3
2. William4,12 BARTON b. ca. 16348; m.1. Anne7 SMOOT (the widow of William
HUNGERFORD,5,6 Sr.); m.2. Mary;16 died between 5 and 22 Sep. 1717 Charles
3. Nathan13 BARTON b. ca. 16379; m. Martha11; d. between 5 Nov. 16819 and
4 Oct. 1685 Stafford Co., VA10
4. Margaret12 BARTON
William BARTON and Anne SMOOT had children:
1. Grace14 BARTON b. 26 Aug. 165914 Charles Co., MD; d. 31 Aug. 165914
Charles Co., MD
2. William15 BARTON b. 29 June 166215 Charles Co., MD; d. before 1668 when
William had another son named William born22
William BARTON and Mary had children:
A child of William Barton (b. ca. 1634), unnamed in the record was
born 25 Mar. 166718. This could be either Mary or Margaret. If
Margaret was the child born in 1667, then Mary was born between 1662
and 1667 and could be a child of either wife, Anne SMOOT or Mary. If
Mary was the child born in 1667, then Margaret would have been born
between 1662-1667. As Margaret married William Hungerford, Jr., a son
of Anne Smoot (1st wife of William Barton) by her first husband William
Hungerford, Sr., Margaret cannot be a daughter of Anne Smoot, as that
would make her a half sister to her husband. Margaret would have been
a child William Barton's second marriage to Mary, as would all children
born after her.
1. Mary16 BARTON m. Thomas WARREN;16 living 168816
2. Margaret19 BARTON m.1. William HUNGERFORD,19 Jr.; m.2. Jacob MILLER;20
3. William4 BARTON b. 27 Feb. 166722 [1667/8] Charles Co., MD; m. Sarah4
(MARSHAM)23 WARING4,23; d. between 23 Oct. 170525 and 6 Nov. 170525 Prince
George's Co., MD4,25
4. Elizabeth26 BARTON b. 27 Feb. 1671/226 Charles Co., MD; m. Thomas
SMOOT;17,24 d. before 6 Jan. 170424 Charles Co., MD
1. Archives of Maryland 41:9.
2. Archives of Maryland 65:580.
3. Archives of Maryland 10:568.
4. Charles Co., MD land records D2:32-33.
5. Archives of Maryland 41:455.
6. Charles Co., MD land records A:243-244.
7. Archives of Maryland 41:469.
8. Henry C. Peden, Jr. Maryland Deponents 1634-1799, (Westminster,
MD: Family Line Publications, 1991).
9. Archives of Maryland 17:52.
10. Ruth and Sam Sparcio, Stafford County, Virginia Deeds, Wills and
Inventories 1686-1689, 62a.
11. Archives of Maryland 60:294.
12. MD Patents, 5, p. 331 [image 171 of 328].
13. Believed to be a son of William Sr. because of his age, residence,
and association with William, Sr. and proved son William, Jr. Among
those records see #11 where Nathan sold land to William Jr. See
also see Archives of Maryland 60:190., where William Barton, presumably
Sr. since not listed as Jr., gave a cow to William Barton, son of
14. Charles Co., MD land records A:70.
15. Charles Co., MD land records A:240.
16. Charles Co., MD land records P:6-7.
17. William Barton will, Charles Co., MD wills 3:119-120.
William Barton will transcription, MD wills 14:658-659, FHL microfilm 0,012,846.
18. Charles Co., MD land records C:252.
19. Charles Co., MD land records R:537-538.
20. William Hungerford account, Charles Co., MD Administration Accounts 1708-1738, pp. 43-44.
21. Charles Co., MD land records M2:343-344.
22. Charles Co., MD land records C:260.
23. Richard Marsham will, Prince George's Co., MD wills 1:69-72.
24. Thomas Smoot will, Charles Co., MD Will Book 3, pp. 1-2.
25. William Barton will, Prince George's Co., MD wills 1:26-29.
26. Charles Co., MD land records E:72a.
27. William Barton will, Charles Co., MD wills 3:24-25.
This testator, son of Nathan and grandson of William (born ca. 1605)
left tracts to son William and if he died without heirs to the Bartons
of Warwickshire in England.
Page created by: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fredric Z. Saunders
1234 Waterside Cove #21
Midvale, UT 84047-4293
Last revised: 28 Dec. 2020