Thomas JONES died in Baltimore Co., MD before 23 Aug. 1697 when his relict
Mary was granted administration on his estate.1 She secondly married to
Thomas STALEY who wrote his will in Baltimore County on 16 Feb. 1696, that
was probated on 7 Nov. 1700.2
On 17 Oct. 1700 James DURHAM, the executor of Thomas STAYLEY, deceased, Samuell
SICKLEMORE, and Abraham TAYLOR were to answer a charge of libel of Mary Stayley,
the widow and adminstratrix of Thomas Jones, together with a command to forbear
acting on the goods appraised as Stayley's estate until the rights to the same
be detemined by the Chief Judge. Mary Stayley acknowledged her self satified.3
On 14 March 1700 [1700/1] John HALL was to examine the accounts of Mary Stayley,
the administratrix of Thomas Jones of Baltimore County.4 Mary wintessed the
undated will of her son Charles Jones as Mary (W her mark) Staly. On
2 June 1701 as Mary Sirrors, alias Staley she acknowledged that she had
witnessed Charles Jones sign his will.7
Thomas JONES and wife Mary had children:
1. Cadwallader JONES5 b. ca. 1670;11 m.1. Mary Ellis 23 April 1702;10
m.2. Mary PAYWELL 30 Apr.1704;10 d. after 1729;11
2. Charles JONES5 b. before 1676;6 m. Bridget -?-;7
d. ca. 1701 Baltimore Co., MD7
3. Rachel JONES5 b. ca. 1680; m. Cornelius HERRINGTON; 5 d. between
5 May 1705,8 and 5 July 1708.9
1. Maryland Testamentary Proceedings 17, p. 33.
2. Thomas Staley Will, Maryland Wills 11:25-27 [image 45 of 501].
3. Maryland Testamentary Proceedings 18B, p. 28.
4. Maryland Testamentary Proceedings 18B, p. 30.
5. Baltimore Co., MD Land Records HW#2:105.
In separate deeds 25 April 1701 the following signed that they received of Mary Staley,
administratrix of her husband Thomas Jones, deceased, 11 pounds, 4 shillings, and 5 pence each.
Portion due to Charles Jones, deceased, receivd by Bridgett (B her mark) Jones, relict of
Charles for the use of Theophilus Jones and Thomas Jones his brother.
Portion to Cadwalader (backward C and crosed I his mark) Jones from father's estate.
Portion to Cornelius (X) Herrington and Rachael (R) Herrington from father's estate.
6. F. Edward Wright, Inhabitants of Baltimore County, 1692-1763, (Silver Spring, MD:
Family Line Publications, 1987), pp. 2, 5 and 8.
July 1692 tithables Gunpowder River Hundred - Thomas Jones, Charles Jones 2.
7 Aug. 1694 taxables north side of Gunpowder Hundred
Thomas Jones, Charles Jones, Cadwleford Jones 3.
5 Aug. 1695 taxables north side of Gunpowder Hundred
Thomas Jones, Charles Jones, Cadwalleford Jones 3.
7. Charles Jones Will, Maryland Wills 11:93-94 [image 111 of 501].
8. Register of Births and Marriages and Deaths St. Johnís Parish Joppa 1700-1760,
Baltimore and Harford County, FHL Microfilm 14132, item 2.
Son Isaac born.
9. Maryland Testamentary Proceedings 21:39.
Accounts of Cornelius HARRINGTON who married Rebecca, the administratrix of
Evan MILES were to be examined.
10. Register of Births and Marriages and Deaths St. Georgeís P. E. Church,
Harford County, Maryland, 1681-1789, FHL Microfilm 14132, item 4.
Cadwalladay Jones of Baltimore County, Planter was Joyned in Holy Matrimony unto
Mary Ellis Spinster the Twenty Third Day of April in the year of our Lord 1702.
Charles Jones the son of Cadwallday Jones & Mary his wife was Born the Twenty fifth
day of June in the Year of our Lord 1703 and Baptized the 8th 1703.
Mary Jones the wife of Cadwalladay Jones Departed this Life the 25th Day of June 1703
& was Buried the 27th Day of June 1703.
Mary Ellis the wife of Cadwally Jones was Buried June the 27th 1703
Cadwalladay Jones marrd to Mary Paywell April the 30th 1704
11. Henry C. Peden, Maryland Deponents 1634-1799, (Westminster, Maryland:
Family Line Publications, 1991), p. 107.
Cadwallader Jones age about 59 deposition Baltimore HWS#3:88.
Page created by: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fredric Z. Saunders
1234 Waterside Cove #21
Midvale, UT 84047-4293
Last revised: 24 July 2017