Cornelius HARKINS b. before 17751 Ireland;2,3 living 1820;1
Located here is biographical information on Cornelius HARKINS.
Catherine FEGAN6 b. ca. 1780;4,5 living 18405 had
Biographical information on Cornelius HARKINS.
Cornelius HARKINS and Catherine FEGAN had children:
1. female b. say 18091,7
2. Mary Ann HARKINS b. 218/229 Nov. 1814 Franklin8 Co., PA; m. 1832
James ALLEN;10 d. 25 Mar. 1889;8,9 bur. Middleswart Cem., Meigs Co., OH9
3. Elenor HARKINS b. ca. 181511 Franklin Co., PA11; living 1850 unmarried11
4. John HARKINS 5 May 181712 Franklin Co., PA2,11; m. Evaline11 PIPER;15
d. 8 Oct. 1887;12 bur. Path Valley Cem.,12 Dry Run, Franklin Co., PA13
1. 1820 Fannet Twp., Franklin Co. PA census, Cornelius Harkins household, p. 86.
2. 1880 Franklin Co., PA census, John Harkins household, p. 72B, father born Ireland.
3. 1880 Meigs Co., OH census, James W. Allen household, p. 48D. Father of Mary (Harkins) Allen born in Ireland.
4. 1830 Franklin Co., PA census, Catherin Harkins household, p. 223, Catherine age 50-60.
5. 1840 Franklin Co., PA census, Catharine Harkins household, p. 261., Catharine age 50-60.
6. Petition of James Feagan heirs, Franklin Co., PA Orphans Docket B:151-152.
7. 1810 Franklin Co., PA census, Catharine Harkins household, p. 905.
8. Meigs Co., Ohio death records 1, p. 266.
Mary A. Allen 25 Mar. 1889 age 74y, 4m, 4d.
9. Mary A. Allen headstone, Middleswart Cemetery, Meigs Co., Ohio.
Mary A. Allen 25 Mar. 1889, age 74y, 4m, 3d
10. D. I. Camp and Rev. J. Warren Kaufmann, History of the Presbyterian Churches of Path Valley,
(Chambersburg, Pennsylvania: Press of the Chambersburg Repository, 1916), p. 95
11. 1850 Fannet Twp., Franklin Co., PA. John "Harkness" household.
12. John Harkins headstone, Path Valley Cem., Dry Run, Franklin Co., PA.
Died 8 Oct. 1817 age 70 y., 6 m., 3 d. [Calculated birth 5 May 1817].
13. John Harkins will, Franklin Co., PA Will Book L:5.
14. Evidence for the three children being of Cornelius Harkins and Catherine
a) Mary's death in #8 shows she was born in Franklin Co., PA
b) Mary's marriage record in 1832 in #10 was in Fannett (or Metal) Twp.
c) Cornelius in 1820 and Catherine in 1830 and 1840 were the only
Harkins in those years in Franklin Co., PA, all in Fannett Twp.
d) [Assumed] children's ages in 1820 [1 male, 2 females under 10,
1 female 10-16] and 1830 [1 male 10-15, 2 females 15-20] correspond
with ages of Mary Ann, Eleanor, and John in later census.
e) John Harkins continued in 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880 to reside in
f) Mary Ann and John in 1880 both gave their father's birth as Ireland.
g) The only other Harkins found in Franklin Co. when the three children
were born was Barnabas in 1810 Warren Twp., who died by 7 Mar. 1813
when letters of adm. were issued on his estate (Wills C:119) before
the three children were born.
h) Mary gave her eldest daughter the middle name Catherine, the same
as her mother.
15. Simon Edward Harkins death certificate, Ohio death certificates 1931,
Page created by: email@example.com
Fredric Z. Saunders
1234 Waterside Cove #21
Midvale, UT 84047-4293
Last revised: 7 Apr. 2018